Taulman PCTPE Elastic Filament for 3D Printers.
Taulman Nylons PCTPE is a modified Nylon that is a has a lustrous finish, it is extremely tough, durable and flexible / elastic. It is not a rubbery material. This material is easy to print and has low warp, so is suitable for large 3d prints and wearable objects. It prints around 230 C and likes a hot 100 C heated bed temperature. It will adhere to a print bet using a glue stick.
Applications that require flexibility but low stretch and high strength such as timing belts and flexible hinges make PCTPE.
- Prints on bowdens or direct drive extruder
- Print temperature = 230C
- Low shrinkage = prints on glass with a 50% water/PVA glaze heated to 40C
- Super Layer to layer bonding that allows for single perimeter walls to be folded along thread axis.
- Takes on any acid based color dye (RITT) very fast = 5 min @ 140F
- Takes on acid based antimicrobial coatings for footwear and prosthetics.
- Color = Bright White/reflective Nylon surface
- Tensile PSI = 5,043
- Modulus PSI = 10,954
- Elongation @ Break = 497%+
- As smooth to the touch as any wearable nylon
- Works well on TierTime printers including the Up Box, Up Plus 2 and Up Mini