The Heart Rate Watch STEM for students 8 and older comes with a student workbook, teacher workbook, heart rate watch electronic kit, and STL design template files.
Students can design, print, assemble and construct with the easy-to-understand step by step workbook. The detailed teaching and activity booklets support the learning process for students, making the design process easy to understand and follow. In this project students will design, print and build their very own Heart Rate Watch by putting their maths and dimensional measurement skills into action!
Exercise is an important part of life and so is your students being on time for class! In this project students will design, print and then build their very own Heart Rate Watch! Students will design their own watch that shows their favourite sport/outdoor activity! This is a great STEM project for teachers to do further teaching on topics such as the human heart, health and fitness, data recording and analysis, plotting graphs and more!
Each pack includes:
Example STEM class lessons include:
- Heart rate watch electronics kit(s)
- Student workbook(s)
- Base STL file (students build their design upon the base STL file)
- Example concept STL file (to 3D print and assemble an example project)
- Teachers guidebook (for class packs of 6 and above)
- The human heart (how the heart function works etc).
- Heart rate (What things can effect heart rate).
- Health and fitness (in relation to heart rate etc).
- Data collection and analysis (e.g. Plotting graphs of heart rate vs intensity of exercise).
- Time (e.g. Units of time, time zones).