Not longer available
The USB Power Bank STEM for students 8 and older comes with a student workbook, teacher workbook, battery pack, parts and STL design template files.
Students can design, print, assemble and construct with the easy-to-understand step by step workbook. The detailed teaching and activity booklets support the learning process for students, making the design process easy to understand and follow. In this project students will design, print and build their very own USB Power Bank by putting their maths and dimensional measurement skills into action!
Students and teachers alike, we all hate it when the battery goes flat on our favourite electronic device such as our mobile phone! In this project students will design, print and build their very own USB power bank by firstly learning about 2D drawings and then putting their maths and dimensional measurement skills into action! This is a great STEM project for teachers to do further teaching on topics such as 2D drawings, electrical energy storage, voltage conversion and electronics!
Each pack includes:
- USB power bank electronics kit(s)
- Student workbook(s)
- Base STL file (students build their design upon the base STL file)
- Example concept STL file (to 3D print and assemble an example project)
- Teachers guidebook (for class packs of 6 and above)
*Kit excludes batteries
Example STEM class lessons include:
- 2D drawings.
- Electrical energy storage (other applications where the technology is used).
- Voltage conversion (how step-up and step-down transformers work).
- Electricity (e.g. Voltage, current, resistance etc).
- Electronic components such as batteries and PCB’s.
- Manufacturing processes (e.g. How PCB’s are made).