The Solar Battery Charger STEM for students 8 and older comes with a student workbook, teacher workbook, battery pack, solar panel, parts and STL design template files.
Students can design, print, assemble and construct with the easy-to-understand step by step workbook. The detailed teaching and activity booklets support the learning process for students, making the design process easy to understand and follow. In this project students will design, print and build their very own Solar Battery Charger by putting their maths and dimensional measurement skills into action! As you already know, the sun emits light energy called photons that solar panels absorb and convert into electricity.
In this project students will design, print and build their very own solar battery charger by putting their maths and dimensional measurement skills into action! Students can recharge batteries that power their other 3D printed projects and gadgets. This is a great STEM project for teachers to do further teaching on topics such as solar power, renewable energy and electronics!
Each pack includes:
- Solar battery charger electronics kit(s)
- Student workbook(s)
- Base STL file (students build their design upon the base STL file)
- Example concept STL file (to 3D print and assemble an example project)
- Teachers guidebook (for class packs of 6 and above) with example STEM class lessons include:
- Solar Panels (how they work).
- Solar power and solar energy (applications in the real world).
- Renewable energy (Other renewable energy sources besides solar).
- Physics (basic principles such as photon energy).
- Re-chargeable batteries (how they work, applications etc).
- Diodes (one of the most common components in any electronic circuit, what do they do)?
*Kit excludes rechargeable batteries