V-Ray for SketchUp Key Features
SketchUp is one of the most widely used and easy to learn 3D Modeling software on the market today. With V-Ray for SketchUp, users now have one of the most powerful rendering tools available to visualize their models with the utmost quality and realism. V-Ray works within the SketchUp environment allowing users to be able to efficiently incorporate the task of rendering within their current workflows. V-Ray for SketchUp works in Windows XP, Vista, and Mac OS. V-Ray for Sketchup supports SU8 or earlier.
• NEW! More shader types (great for metal textures!)
• NEW! More than 10 new procedural textures, including dirt (for more realistic renderings!)
• NEW! Lights now have the ability to add IES profiles (for light accuracy)
• NEW! Material can now be layered better
• NEW! Faster scene processing times
• NEW! Support for SketchUp transparency and alpha transparency
• True reflections and refractions
• Glossy reflections and refractions
• Global Illumination allows for photorealistic lighting
• Soft shadows support
• True HDRI support
• Fully multithreaded raytracing engine
• Native SketchUp materials supported and integrated into V-Ray materials
• Material editor with material preview
• Sun and sky system
• Physical camera
• Depth-of-field camera effects.
• Distributed rendering allowing a single image to be processed over up to ten machines
• Per material GI, background, reflection, and refraction
• V-Ray two-sided material for easy creation of thin translucency
• Animation support
The current version is 01.49.01.
• Pentium, Celeron, or higher processor. Mac version is Intel only.
• 200 MB disk space.
• 512 MB RAM minimum. 2-3 GB or more recommended.
V-Ray for SketchUp runs only on:
• Windows 2000 including server
• Windows XP Pro
• Windows XP Home
• Windows Vista*
• Windows 7*
• OS 10.4.11 or higher* V-Ray for SketchUp will NOT run on:
• SketchUp 6 or lower
• Windows NT
• Windows 95
• Windows 98
• Windows ME
• MAC OS 9 or lower
V-Ray for SketchUp does run as a 32-bit application on 64bit machines and OS's.
Virtualization systems such as VMWare and Parallels are not recommended.
The use of imaged machines is not recommended due to the fact that the licensing is hardware dependent.
To get a free 30 days demo version register at www.chaosgroup.com.
Copyright ©2012, Chaos Software