This is the do it yourself kit variant of the Felix 2.0 made by FELIXprinters (Netherlands). (A fully assembled version is also availablehere). This printer now includes one roll of 1kg PLA filament.
If you would like to build your own 3D printer and are looking for a large size with the best possible print quality at the lowest possible price, you can not look past this DIY 3D Printer Kit.
The best has just got better! The New FELIX 2.0 3D Printerfeatures the following:
- * More reliable printing of large object due to very even heat distribution of heated bed.
- * Stand-alone printing out of the box, no constant need of a computer.
- * Higher quality prints.
- * Foil heater for heated bed with integrated thermistor, very even heat distribution over whole print-surface. No more soldering/fiddling your components onto the heated bed, it is just a sticker mounted in 2 minutes. Saves at least one hour of assembly time.
- * Z-axis completely revised. With new vertical linear ball bearing which like the x and y-axis has no play and friction.
- * Precision machined trapezium lead screw
- * Linear ball bearing guide
- * Increased z-stroke enables a print height of 235mm
- * All delivered components have longer wires, so no more soldering required, just cut them to length and screw them onto the electronics board.
- * Industrially fabricated electronics, which increases reliability
- * Only high quality components used, which require less cooling. Fan is not required anymore.
- * Prepared for dual extrusion.
- * Z-axis fine-adjustment, more robust and repeatable.
Official pictures will come later and also the optional display will come later this month.
This is the fully assembled variant of the Felix 2.0 made by FELIXprinters (Netherlands). (A complete DIY Kit version is also availablehere). This printer now includes a 1kg roll of white PLA filament.
The Felix 2.0 3D Printer is an fast, durable and reliable. Years of experience in the field of high precision mechatronics and industrial automation have led to this design. Stand out features include:
- Ultra Fine Resolution. This printer can print down a Z height of 0.05mm thats 50 mircrons!
Large Build Size. It includes a255x 205x235mmbuild platform, over 12.2 litres.
Rigid construction. The aluminum frame is strong can withstand the high accelerations of the moving parts. This equates to high quality prints
Quiet operation. Due to the rigid frame, bearing type and low noise fans you can enjoy your prints come to life in peace.
Reliable. Engineered with durability in mind, which keeps you printing for many many hours.
Easy to calibrate.The components are not mounted in an over defined way, this gives you short calibration time and get's you printing faster.
images courtesy of Creative Tools
High Accuracy: Minimum layer height of 50 micrometer (0.05mm) guaranteeing detailed prints.
Quiet Operation: Due to rigid frame choice and bearing type, the printer is very quiet. This makes it possible to use it comfortably on your desk
Durability: Only high quality and durable materials are used (aluminum and stainless steel). This ensures long lasting printing experience.
Easy Calibration/Maintenance:Due to the open and smart design the parts are easily accessible
Portable: The convenient handle makes it possible to take it everywhere.
Compatible with almost every CAD package: The software used to calculate a CAD file requires STL files, this is a format which almost every CAD package can export.
Download and print upgrades for Free: As much as possible and sensible parts are printed parts. This makes it possible to have very quick update cycles and maintain topnotch print performance. All printable upgrades can be downloaded and printed by the user. The files are already prepared so you can just download and print them.
Easy to use Print Software:Uses Repetier-host and comes with precalibrated Print Settings specifically for Felixprinters. It is now very userfriendly. Just install with the automatic installer and you are ready to go make your first print. - Slicing profiles included out of the box.
|Print volume / build size (X,Y,Z)
||(255x 205x235) 12.28 LITRES
|Frame size (X,Y,Z)
0.05 - 0.35
||PLA, ABS, Nylon, Arnitel etc
||Repetier Host, Slic3r Pronterface
| Print without PC (New)
New Improved Heated Bed included
|Optical endstop sensors
|1 kg PLA filament included with printer
Lead time - 2 to 3 weeks
The printer is designed in the following modules:
Extruded aluminum frame parts
Easy connectors, the frame is assembled by screwing 6 hex bolts
X (moving head) and Y (moving table) module:
NEMA 17 motor
NEMA 17 motor
NEMA 17 motor
RAMPS 1.4 electronics
3m USB cable
Bolts and nuts
12V 250W Powersupply FlexATX
||The well respected MAKE magazine reviewed and and praised FELIXprinters for the following features:
- Extremely quiet
- Large build volume
- Fine Z resolution
- Rigid aluminum frame,
- Good retraction for near-stringless builds
- Speedy printer