V-Ray 2 for Rhino offers visualization professionals a state-of-the-art solution that generates high-quality images of unparalleled realism. The plug-in works with Robert McNeel & Associates’ Rhinoceros, which is one of the most popular Windows-based NURBS modeling tools available today.
The upgrade to V-Ray 2.0 for Rhino is free for current holders of
commercial V-Ray 1.5 for Rhino licenses.
Rhino users in all fields - from engineering and product design to 3D animation - depend on V-Ray as a quick, easy and cost efficient way to render their most cutting-edge images.
What's new in V-Ray 2.0 for Rhino-
V-Ray RT® -Interactive responses and a streamlined scene composition with GPU ray tracing up to 30 times faster from directly inside the Rhino viewport
V-Ray Wrapper Material - Can be used to specify additional properties per material. You can now create true matte materials which show the background as opposed to the base material.
V-Ray Express* - Users can easily access more than 200 materials and interchangeable lighting setups to create realistic studio scenes and illuminate models faster than ever.
HDR Light Studio Support* - Live connection to HDR Light Studio with Light Paint feature accessed directly within Rhino, providing the most intuitive and creative way to light a design.
The V-Ray for Rhino HDR Light Studio live connection is only supported on Rhino 5 64-bit and requires a license of HDR Light Studio 4.3 or higher.
V-Ray Material - A brand new compact and optimized material for V-Ray that includes parameters to adjust diffuse, reflection, and refraction.
V-Ray 2 for Rhino Key Features
V-RayRT® - a revolutionary rendering engine providing instant feedback and streamlining scene setup. Because V-Ray RT is built upon the same robust core as V-Ray, it is seamless to transition between V-Ray RT and production rendering.
Dome Light - create simple, artifact-free image-based lighting using the Dome Light. Its powerful importance sampling analyzes HDR images and optimizes light tracing and GI precision.
V-Ray Proxy - an indispensable tool for managing scene memory and efficiently rendering massive amounts of geometry. V-Ray Proxy objects are dynamically loaded and unloaded at render-time, saving vital RAM resources.
Lens Effects (Glare / Bloom ) - simulate the natural lens effects that occur when photographing highlights.
Dispersion - trace and refract light based on its wavelength.
Retrace Threshold - reduce Light Cache artifacts and improve the appearance of glossy reflections and refractions when using the time saving feature - Use light cache for glossy rays.
Ambient Occlusion - generate shading based on an object’s proximity, and enhance GI details without significantly increasing render time.
VRayDirt - simulate shading around corners and crevices of objects based on a radial distance. VRayDirt can be used to produce a variety of effects, including ambient occlusion renderings.
Interpolation (Reflections and Refractions) - accelerate rendering by approximating and caching the effects of glossy reflections and refractions.
IES Light - use photometric data to provide accurate light definition.
Sphere Light - create spherically shaped area lights.
Chaos Group Educational Policy is designed to meet the various educational needs of both the institutions and students at a preferable price. An educational institution, or a student/staff member at the institution, may use our Educational licenses for educational purposes only and not for commercial for- profit work, transfer, or resale.
Student/Teacher Educational license
A "Student/Teacher" is a person who can confirm enrollment/employment at a degree-granting educational institution. Students and staff must present current student ID or current proof of employment at the educational institution to purchase a license. Students and staff may purchase up to 1 (one) license from the option below:
* Educational clients can receive a free upgrade at any point in time after purchasing a dongle.
Note: Students need to provide evidence of their present academic status.
Universities/Educational Institutions licenses
"Universities/Educational institutions" are defined as those dedicated to education, including a public or private, school or a two-year or four-year college or university or career school that is accredited by a state or other appropriate governmental agency or organization. An educational institution is not a government or nonprofit agency, a commercial customer, a corporate training environment, or other training program or center that serves commercial or professional customers. Universities/Educational institutions must purchase software with documentation issued by the institution. The following Bundle is available to Educational institutions under our Educational Policy:
• Pentium, Celeron, or higher processor.
• 200 MB disk space.
• 512 MB RAM minimum. 2-3 GB or more recommended.
V-Ray for Rhino runs only on:
• Windows 2000 including server
• Windows XP Pro
• Windows XP Home
• Windows Vista*
• Windows 7*
V-Ray for Rhino will not run on:
• Windows NT
• Windows 95
• Windows 98
• Windows ME
• OS X or lower
* V-Ray for Rhino runs as a 32-bit application on Windows x64 and will also run as a 64-bit application with the 64-bit version of Rhino 5.
* Rhino 3 is not supported. V-Ray for Rhino builds are available for Rhino 5, however, the support and functionality for Rhino 5 may vary during the beta process of Rhino 5. Chaos Group will monitor and work quickly to resolve issues that may arise with future builds.
* Virtualization systems such as VMWare and Parallels are not recommended.
* Currently we do not have a version of V-Ray for Rhino on the OS X platform. We have been in contact with Robert McNeel and Associates regarding the options for porting our Windows version of V-Ray for Rhino to Rhino for OS X. However, Rhino for OS X is in the work-in-progress phase and the official Rhino OS X SDK for third party developers is not yet available. We will continue to investigate our options to get V-Ray 1.5 ready for Rhino OS X after the official release of the Windows version of V-Ray 1.5 for Rhino. We will be sure to announce news on V-Ray 1.5 for Rhino OS X as soon as it becomes available.
Rhinoceros® is a registered trademark of Robert McNeel & Associates. V-Ray is a registered trademark of Chaos Software.
Copyright ©2012, Chaos Software