This amazing value 3d Scanner is now available in Australia!
High-precision and high-speed 3D scanning at an unbeatable price: Experience the innovative DAVID SL scanning system!
Starting now, (12th December 2012) we are shipping the SLS-1 with a new camera, DAVID-CAM-3-M. Its resolution (1280x960) is two times better, it has a really crisp image and allows scan resolutions of 0.1% of the object size (down to 40 micron)! Also we include a new megapixel camera lens from Computar - better image quality and easier to handle.
The new DAVID-SLS-1 scanner employs the innovative Structured Light technology, which allows precise 3D scanning in a matter of seconds. The scanner is mobile and can be placed easily in front of the surface to be scanned. A single click in the well-proven DAVID software starts the scan - and a few seconds later the digitized 3D model shows up on your screen!
This way you can subsequently scan all sides of the object, and finally combine them to a closed 360° model. The modular hardware setup allows a flexible adaptation to your object - any size from coin to couch is possible!
The results can be exported into common 3D file formats (OBJ, STL, PLY) and processed in other applications, e.g. for rapid prototyping, inspection, product presentations, archeology and cultural heritage, works of art, computer animations, video games... The limits are set only by your imagination!
The Getting Started Guide is available in English. A more detailed User Manual can be found here.
For more information, please visit
Contents of package
- Industrial camera with focusable lens
- Video projector with special lens for large focus range with remote control
- USB drive with DAVID-Laserscanner Pro Edition 3 software (licensed)
- Aluminium mounting rack with flexible configuration options
- Proffessional Tripod for stable setup
- Calibration panels (different sizes) for multiple scan volumes
- All required cables
- Printed "Getting Started" guide
- scan object size ~ 10mm - 600mm
- now upgraded to DAVID-CAM-3-M 1280 x 960 camera with (double the resolution)
- new upgraded megapixel camera lens from Computar
- resolution: ~0.1% of object size (down to 0.04mm)
- precision: ~0.1% of object size (down to 0.1mm)
- scanning time: 2-4 seconds per scan
- mesh density: up to 350,000 vertices per scan
- colour texturing
- export formats: obj, stl, ply
- 2 year warranty
Optimal Set Up Configurations Based on Object Size
- Standard PC (Windows XP, Vista or 7 - 32 or 64 bit)
- Two available USB ports
- available VGA or HDMI port
- Recommended: 2 GHz CPU, 4 GB RAM, 3d graphics card (e.g. NVIDIA GeForce or ATI Radeon)
For more information read the following 3D News Blog articles-
The David Structured Light Scanner Q & A
3D Scan your fingerprint in ultra high resolution